Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wal-Mart


Target: Wal-Mart
Site: walmart.com
What they sell: Death to Mom & Pop
Date: May 05, 2009
Submitted By: Mumpleton Funk

Good morning,

I just wanted to take a moment to compliment your Latrobe store on a job well done. Last evening, after a hard day at work I picked up my son Darius from daycare and stopped by Wal-mart to do my weekly shopping. Darius is quite a rambunctious child; and being a single father makes it even harder to do my shopping and keep an eye on him. One of your associates noticed this and offered to keep an eye on him while I shopped. At first I thought it was a joke and brushed it off, but Darius was becoming more vocal and insisted. I agreed mostly because I felt there was adequate camera coverage at your store in case the associate tried any funny business.

This decision made my shopping experience extremely enjoyable and gave Darius and I one of the best nights of our lives together. I laughed when I spotted Darius and the associate running full speed through the clothing section with women's underwear on their heads and screaming at the top of their lungs. I smiled when Darius gave me a greeting card that read "Best Dad in the World". The associate helped pick it out. Tears filled my eyes when I watched Darius cruise by the dairy department on a 21-speed mountain bike. Thankfully, I had brought my camera and was able to capture his first moments riding a bicycle. I was extremely proud when I discovered Darius putting the finishing touches on a wedding cake in the bakery department with some help from the associate.

Unfortunately I never got the name of the associate who went above and beyond, but Darius and I will never forget about the fun we had and the enjoyable experience at your store. We will definitely be customers for life, and I'd really appreciate it if you could thank your staff for me. Darius can't stop talking about riding his bike, and I think he has a career as a pastry chef ahead of him. Unfortunately, on our ride home we were rear-ended by a drunk driver who has no insurance, but both Darius and I were fine. Hopefully my insurance will cover the damage.

Wal-Mart Response (Stock)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding a Walmart Associate. We appreciate
your time and value the fact that you wanted to share your experience with us. Your comments play an important role in recognizing our most promising Associates and rewarding their dedication to helping each of our customers save money and live better. We appreciate your business. If this automated response has not answered your question, please reply to this email and let us know how we can help.

Sincerely,

Your Walmart.com Customer Service Team

2 comments: