Monday, November 23, 2009

Tennis Racket

From Roger to Cynthia

Hello. I saw your tennis racket for sale on Craigslist.  My son Darius just turned 6, so its time to begin his training.  Do you know the racket's model or how old it is?  He's pretty particular about what I get for him and he usually wants nothing but the best.  I don't want to upset him.
Thanks,
Roger

From Cynthia to Roger


Hi,
It's a Wilson hammer 25
Tension - 18-23 kj
Length - 63.5 cm
Weight  - 235 grams
Head size - 645 cm2
Balance 33.5 cm
Pattern - 16x19

It's one year old, used once, no scratches and comes with a case.

Perfect for a junior learner.
Feel free to email for more details,
Cynthia

From Roger to Cynthia

Cynthia,
Thanks for your quick response and all of the information.  I just want to make sure I get Darius the right racket for him to learn with.  This summer I tried getting him interested in cricket and he seemed excited, but then he threw a fit because the bat I bought him wasn't the right color.  He burned the bat with a bunch of his mates on the sidewalk near our apartment.
I am definitely willing to give you EUR30 for it, but I just don't want to make the same mistake again.  Do you have any photos of the racket or a description of the color?
Thanks,
Roger

From Cynthia to Roger


Here’s a photo.



Good luck!

From Roger to Cynthia and Darius


Darius, Celine was nice enough to send a photo for you.  Let me know if it is what you want.  You can use some of the money from Uncle Peter to pay for it.
Love,
Dad

From Darius to Roger and Cynthia

dad it is cool and i want it.  why do i have to use my money for it???? can u get it for me?

From Roger to Darius and Cynthia


Darius, you need to learn about the value of money.  You have the money and can pay for it.

Cynthia, we'll take the racket for EUR30.  Would you like me to meet you somewhere?

Thanks,
Roger

From Cynthia to Roger

I'm sure he'll love it. Call me and we can arrange. 

From Darius to Cynthia


hey lady. i hate that my dad is making me spend my money for this racket.  i dont want to give  you 30 euros for it, because then i can't buy any video games.  i will give you 5 euros.

From Cynthia to Roger

Your son contacted me, I'm sure without your knowledge, offering 5 euros for the racket.  Just thought you would want to know.

From Roger to Darius and Cynthia

DARIUS! I know you want to save some of your money, but Cynthia is nice enough to offer her racket for 30 euros.  We already agreed that you would pay her your 30 euros.  I don't want to make you upset, so I'll chip in 10 euros so you only spend 20.
Love, Dad

From Darius to Roger and Cynthia

DAD! THIS IS MOSTLY WHY I HATE YOU!!!!!!  I AM NOT SPENDING ANY OF MY MONEY!  YOU ARE BUYING ME THE RACKET AND PAY Cynthia 40 EUROS!

From Roger to Cynthia and Darius

Cynthia, I was afraid this would happen.  We have upset Darius and now, I will offer you 50 euros for the racket, but you have to promise to kneel before Darius during the exchange.  He is quite upset and I also request that you refer to him as "Darius the Wizard".

From Cynthia to Roger and Darius


Please don't e-mail me again. Either of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment