Monday, June 22, 2009

Craigslist: Maintenance

Date: 2009-06-22, 1:45PM EDT

L*********** based real estate management company looking for individual skilled in all aspects of property maintenance. Must have own tools and transportation. Must be willing to work as an independent contractor. Prior experience a plus.

  • Location: L*************
  • Compensation: depending on experience
E-MAIL THREAD:
Roger Podacter Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 2:17 PM
To: job************@craigslist.org
To Whom it May Concern:
I just recently saw your Craigslist posting looking for an individual to do maintenance work at your Real Estate office. With the economy being the way it is I am very interested in earning some extra income, but I gotta shoot you straight. I have no prior experience doing any handyman work and I really don't like to do maintenance to my own apartment. But, I do have a strong desire to earn money and $2000 worth of DJ equipment.

I used to DJ birthday parties with my nephew in the mid 90s and I still have all the equipment. I have a positive attitude and an insatiable appetite to pump house music.
For $40/hr (negotiable), I would be willing to entertain your office 3 days a week, with the latest hits from the 70s, 80s and from 1990 to 1993. The $40/hr would be my base compensation and would not include health care, stock options, a company van or a zany sidekick assistant. I did some research and found that nearly 95% of Real Estate offices DO NOT have an in-house DJ. Hiring me would propel your Real Estate company ahead of the rest. If you look at every successful company the one common theme is that they were always one step ahead of the competition. Wal-Mart would not be where it is today if they weren't the first store to think to use a cash register. Innovation drives success.

If you require references or a resume please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd also like to set-up a time to sit down with your team to get an idea of their musical tastes and scope out the best spots for my strobe lights. This is a one-time offer and I expect a response soon, I already have appointments lined up with The Pantalone Family Funeral Home, Fantastic Sam's and Gerginov Family Dentistry.

I look forward to working with you,
Roger

Ron ****** Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 3:09 PM
To: Roger Podacter
Funny... good one. No, I think we are good here.


Roger Podacter Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 3:37 PM
To: Ron ******
Ron,
Good to hear from you so soon. I figured you would be interested but hesitant to arrange a meeting.
Just let me know if you ever change your mind and want to have a successful company.
Sincerely,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment