Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Best Buy




Target:
Best Buy
Site: bestbuy.com
What they sell: Expensive electronics
Date: April 07, 2008
Submitted By: Mumpleton Funk

Customer (Roger Podacter)04/07/2008 09:31 AM
Good morning, I have a question about my warranty on my 55 inch Plasma television that I purchased 1 week ago. The picture quality is terrible and the TV is pretty much broken. I have no idea why the TV is broken after only less than a half day's use. I just want to get a replacement for my TV, because there is no way it should break in this short of time.
Here is a basic history of the TV:
I purchased it on March 31, 2008 from your Best Buy store in Pittsburgh. After that I returned to my home and installed the TV in my newly finished Sauna towards the back of my house. On Saturday April 5th I hosted a Sauna party to break in the new Sauna with some guys. Just six guys, a 55 inch plasma tv, 4 buckets of KFC and me lounging in the sauna for 4 and half hours, eating KFC and watching some opening week baseball.
About mid-way through my sauna party, my good friend Abercrombie noticed a large dark spot on the corner of the TV. At first I tried turning the TV off and then turning it back on, but that didn't seem to work. Then I tired hitting it lightly with the remote to see if something was loose inside and maybe needed jammed back into place. Then we gave up and continued with the party.
About 30 minutes later small beads of water begin to appear on the INSIDE of the plasma! I was shocked and we tried to ignore them until finally 20 minutes later small clouds of smoke began to emminate from the TV. At that point, I simply turned it off. We were forced to watch the remainder of the game on the only other TV in the house which is in my son Tristan's bedroom.
Later that night I checked the TV and it was unresponsive. I can't believe it would break so easily. I am just wondering how long the warranty lasts? I would assume I am covered being that I just bought the TV a week ago.
Thanks!

Response (Best Buy)04/09/2008 09:04 AM

This email was generated from the Best Buy Corporate Office. If you have further questions, contact us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we'll be happy to assist you. Please reference the case number below.

TO: rogerpodacter66@gmail.com
CC:
CASE NUMBER: 45012914
SUBJECT: Warranty Coverage
MESSAGE:
Roger, Thanks for your inquiry regarding you television's warranty. I tried contacting you by phone but was unable to reach you. This situation is a little hard to determine if it would be covered under or warranty or Performance Service Plan (PSP) purchased from Best Buy, as humidity, a possible reason for the problem, is covered under PSP, but may not by manufacturer’s warranty.
Extreme humidity and heat, as found in a sauna, may not be something that would be covered. You would want to contact 1-888-Best-Buy and schedule a time for an In Home TV Repair technician to take a look at your television under your PSP. The diagnosis will be free and they will be able to determine if your televisions repairs will be covered under the PSP.
If you didn't purchase a PSP and if you are outside of the manufacturer warrantee (typically 1 year) then you could contact the manufacturer or Best Buy to see about scheduling a technician to look at your television, however there would be a cost associated with the repair if you are not under any warranty. If you have any other questions, please contact us at 1-888-Best-Buy. Thanks for choosing Best Buy!

Best Wishes,
Best Buy and the Customer Care Team

No comments:

Post a Comment