Saturday, April 4, 2009

Canadian Maple Child's Sled - $70 (McMurray)




INITIAL E-MAIL INQUIRY FROM RogerPodacter66@gmail.com:

Good morning, I saw your posting on Craigslist and I was wondering how old is the sled? Also, are you the original owner of the sled?


Thanks,

Roger


RESPONSE FROM PATTI:
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Patti wrote:


Hi Roger,


Yes I am the original owner of the sled. It's probably about 15 or 16 years old and has been kept inside our home in the original packing box.


Patti



REPLY:
From:
Roger Podacter <rogerpodacter66@gmail.com>
To: Patti
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2009 1:25:14 PM
Subject: Re:
Canadian Maple Child's Sled - $70 (McMurray)

Patti,

That is excellent news! I have been a sled collector for about the past 27 years of my life. Its rare to find a sled for sale off peak season. I am relieved to hear you have been the only owner. Many times sled owners mistreat a sled, or break things and have them replaced by unlicensed contractors.

Normally I spend the majority of the spring and summer sharpening my runners and putting a fresh coat of lacquer on my platforms. Normally I only buy during the fall, but fortunately my sons Lorence and Birmingham have been training as my apprentices, and they've done most of the maintenance work on the 467 sleds in our collection.

A few more questions:

Has the sled ever been painted?

How many times has the sled been used? (Average)

Are the runners steel, aluminum or some other metal?

Has the sled ever been involved in a serious accident? Head-on rider collision, slope overun and contact with concrete or asphalt.

Do you have the original title or receipt from the original purchase?

Thanks and have a great day,
Roger

Also, would you be able to send me along some pictures of a dog wearing sunglasses and riding the sled? If you could add speed lines to the picture with a image editing software like Photoshop that would be perfect.


RESPONSE FROM PATTI:
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Patti wrote:
Roger,

What a fascinating hobby you have - collecting sleds! Hopefully you have a large barn to store/display them in. I'm sure the older ones are beautiful.

The sled has never been painted.

The sled was used for several winters by my boys when they were toddlers. It was always pulled by an adult and never became their sled to use willy nilly. We bought plastic ones for that.

I believe the glides are steel.

The sled was only used on our wooded hilly property. Since it was pulled by adults, there were no accidents. In fact, I'm actually not sure how the runner cracked.

I have a shipping invoice from the company that distributed it, Can-Am Trading Co. from Greenfield, MA. In the description field: "1 5K-GD Wood Handle w/pad" "Call Tag for a 5K" "N/C" is hand written. (We no longer have the original pad.) The sled was purchased through an intermediary company that sold goods for children. That invoice is long gone.

Patti

PS - You'll have to do your own retouching. I charge extra for that.



REPLY:

From: Roger Podacter
Date: Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: Canadian Maple Child's Sled - $70 (McMurray)
To: P***** <*********@yahoo.com>

Patti,

Sorry, I am no longer interested. My collection is only comprised of models that can carry 4 toddlers. I didn't realize this model can only handle 2 toddlers.

Sorry about the confusion,

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment